Concept Eclipse Products

Have a concept you made and want to share? This is the place.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept Eclipse Products

Unread post by K4sum1 »

This is going to be a thread where I post various concepts that I wish I could make, but I don't have the coding or other knowledge or resources to do so.

I'm only decent with paint.net, not coding.
I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept Eclipse Lun3r Browser

Unread post by K4sum1 »

It would be a fork of Firefox 45 or 47 with working e10s, better WebExtensions support, able to quickly render Mega and VirusTotal and Discord and others, and general improvements that would come from focusing on actually improving the browser.

It would include a UI similar to Pale Moon and be 100% compatible with Pale Moon themes. Or the themes would be at least easy to port to the Lun3r browser.
Attachments
Eclipse Lun3r.png

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept ePhone (Eclipse Phone or Everything Phone)

Unread post by K4sum1 »

ePhone: (Eclipse Phone or Everything Phone)
Height: 120mm
I originally picked 118 to have the same screen to body ratio as the alternative 18:9 variant. I have since scrapped the 18:9 variant and moved to 120 as that makes my brain happier.
Width: 65mm
Maybe 64mm or less could work since screen protector is worked directly into manufacturing. This would need prototyping to decide.
Thickness: 9-10mm
I originally went for 10mm as a nice, round number. However it might be too thick. Maybe 9 or 9.3mm would be best. This would need prototyping to decide.
120g? The phone is all plastic to make it lighter and more durable. If realized it may need a metal frame to dissipate heat, but I still want it as light as possible.
4.6in AMOLED, 16:9, 1080x1920, 480 DPI, 102mm x 57mm, ~75% screen to body ratio.
► Show Spoiler
All plastic phone including screen. Sides and back are flat, high quality matte plastic with the XZ1C plastic texture.
Front has the screen surrounded by big speakers on the top and bottom, similar to Axon 7.
Pre-applied glass screen protector with the option of either normal clear or privacy.
Sides are flat, but have a bit of rounding at the edges, as to not have sharp edges.
Back is removable, remember that?
Snapdragon 6 or 7 of current gen, perhaps even undervolted.
Dual SIM and MicroSD go in slots under the back cover.
A wide(?) back camera, zoomable with OIS and an ultrawide back camera with OIS. Hopefully some sort of macro mode or enough zoom to make up for the lack of macro camera.
A wide front camera with OIS
Headphone Jack, remember that?
Ability to work like a DAC or Bluetooth audio transmitter when connected to PC.
IR blaster and receiver, remember that?
FM radio and transmitter, remember that?
USB 4 Type C
Side fingerprint scanner
Rebindable action button
4000?mAh (or as big as it can be) removable battery. Able to be powered on without battery while plugged in. Battery has switch to switch it from 80% capacity to 100%. Defaults to 80% to prolong usable life so it takes longer for it to expand or die.
Internal pins for various uses or attachments.
Wireless charging coil is connected to the back and attaches to a couple internal pins. Also has reverse charging too.
Illuminated Eclipse logo is also connected to the back and also attaches to a couple internal pins.

A few extra things to give context:

I don't like super thin bezels or notches or curved edges, I like an uninterrupted screen and enough margin as to not accidentally tap the screen.

I mention XZ1C when discussing the plastic build, this is the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. The plastic on the XZ1C is high quality, matte, feels flat or smooth while having a good amount of grip. I think this would be perfect here.

In the images, I've only mocked up black. It's the Eclipse site background tiled. This is meant to replicate a matte black plastic with a purple tinge. I might make mockups with other colors like purple, white, blue, green, red, or more in the future.

The screen comes with a glass screen protector to have the best of both worlds. It feels like glass and has the scratch protection of glass, but if it breaks, you can just take it off and keep using the phone. Screen would be inset enough to keep the glass protector slightly inset from the front plastic bezel for extra drop protection.

The speakers are so big because I can have trouble understanding people on the phone. Having a bigger speaker means it's louder and higher quality. The bottom speaker is equally big to make it more symmetrical and to have better and more equal stereo sound. Although I might be fine going tri bezelless and mono sound since it's mostly earpiece I want.

Optional features or changes:
► Show Spoiler
Yes I put this much work into something that may never exist. A man can dream.

OwnedByWuigi
Full Moderator
Great Britain

Concept Eclipse Products

Unread post by OwnedByWuigi »

I don't like super thin bezels or notches or curved edges. I find myself accidentally touching the screen on my XZ2C when I use it because of the thin bezels and flush design while the XZ1C has thicker bezels and the screen is a bit inset.
What about the Infinity Display found in Samsung S8/S9 but with thicker bezels on the sides, and flat sides to avoid accidental taps?
proud ENVY user (not the Hinge Problems laptop line)

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept Eclipse Products

Unread post by K4sum1 »

OwnedByWuigi wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 12:45 What about the Infinity Display found in Samsung S8/S9 but with thicker bezels on the sides, and flat sides to avoid accidental taps?
That's basically a normal phone screen before things went to shit and what I did.